The destruction of Damasus, and its cessation of being a city, was prophesied in Isaiah 17:1
• The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.
It seems even the enemy of Jesus also prophesied the destruction of Damascus, that would pave the way for their ‘Mahdi.’
Exerpt from attached article:
• “If you think all these mujahideen came from across the world to fight Assad, you’re mistaken,” said a Sunni Muslim jihadi who uses the name Abu Omar and fights in one of the many anti-Assad Islamist brigades in Aleppo.
• “They are all here as promised by the Prophet. This is the war he promised – it is the Grand Battle,” he told Reuters, using a word which can also be translated as slaughter.
• On the other side, many Shi’ites from Lebanon, Iraq and Iran are drawn to the war because they believe it paves the way for the return of Imam Mahdi – a descendent of the Prophet who vanished 1,000 years ago and who will re-emerge at a time of war to establish global Islamic rule before the end of the world.
And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light …… 2 Corinthians 11:14
The Mahdi they speak of in the article is the very essences of the Antichrist of our Bible, and the enemy of Israel.
• And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. Rev 13:1
• Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
• Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4
• And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh, is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 1 John 4:3
The current existence of Damascus, which will one day cease to be a city, as well as the historical absence of the coalition of nations prophesied to attack Israel and be destroyed by God (GOG MAGOG War of Ezekiel 38-39), is proof that Isaiah 17 prophesies future events.
One thing is evident, if the current Syria events are that very prophecy unfolding today, we are at the gateway to the rise of the Antichrist and the return of Jesus Christ.
Therefore also now, saith the LORD, turn ye [even] to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning: Joel 2:12
Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Isaiah 55:6