While reading the scriptures and praying for the sins of his people (the Jews), the prophet Daniel was visited by the angel, Gabriel; who would bring understanding of why and how long Israel was to suffer, before their redemption.
PART I – Understanding the Time Frame of the Prophecy – Daniel 9:24-27
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
*By reading the scriptures, Daniel already understood the dating of the prophecy Gabriel brought to him; that the 70 weeks determined for Israel meant 70 years.
- “In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem. Daniel 9:2
The dates used in this video were gathered by ‘weeks’ – Sabbatical Years, or shavu’as (7 yr periods). Going back to the ‘Law of the Sabbatical Year’ (Leviticus 25 & 26):
- A Sabbatical Year is a grouping of 7 years
- A ‘grouping of 7’ is called a shavu’a (meaning 7 of anything)
- Shavu’a dating goes back to Moses, and is still used today
So we conclude the 70 weeks to be 70 Shavu’as or (70) 7-year periods, which = 490 years.
There are 6 things the angel said this prophecy would fulfill before the Day of The Lord:
During the 1st Advent of Jesus
- To finish the transgression (stop the violation of The Law – to bring grace)
- To make and end of sins (the cross)
- To make reconciliation for iniquity (To offer God’s plan of salvation)
During the 2nd Advent of Jesus
- To bring in everlasting righteousness (Return of Christ to establish the Messianic Kingdom on Earth)
- To seal up the vision and prophecy (to bring the final 7 years of the 70 weeks prophecy)
- To anoint the most Holy (Day of the Lord, the official inauguration of Jesus the Messiah)
PART II – The ’70 Weeks’ Begins with 2 Time periods
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
7 Weeks (534BC)
The first week of the prophecy, began with the ‘going forth of the commandment to rebuild Jerusalem’
- Isaiah prophesied that King Cyrus would be the one who would get this commandment going by telling Jerusalem they would be rebuilt. “who says of Cyrus, ‘He is my shepherd and will accomplish all that I please; he will say of Jerusalem, “Let it be rebuilt,” and of the temple, “Let its foundations be laid.”‘ Isaiah 44:28
- King Cyrus did this at the end of 537BC; and according to the Sabbatical year dating system, the Jews set out to rebuild in 536BC (the 5th year of that shavu’a/sabbatical year), and would continue trying to rebuild even in troublous times. It falls within reason that the prophetic “clock” began ticking from 534BC (beginning of the new shavu’a).
- 7 Weeks (49 years) later would put the end of this first ‘7 Weeks’ at 408 BC.
3 Score and 2 Weeks (62 Weeks) – (408BC)
By shavu’a dating, the end of this ’62 Weeks’ would be the beginning of Jesus’ ministry (26/27-AD) “to the Messiah the Prince;”
not at his death in 30AD, which would come after the 62 weeks ended (Next verse shows this) “And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off.”
Backing up from the final 7th year of this period, we come to 408-BC: the start of the 62 weeks.
- This was the first year of a shavu’a
- This was a Jubilee Year
- This is the time of the prophet Malachi, who was the last prophet of that time.
- This began a 400 year ‘silence’ period, until the Messianic days of Jesus.
PART III – Then there is a ‘GAP’ that was not revealed to Daniel (30AD – ?)
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
- This time frame begins with the crucifixion, where Christ and the prophetic time clock get ‘cut off’ for a period
- It begins the ‘Church Age’ – A dispensation of Grace – A time of salvation offered to the world
- During this period the people of the Prince (Antichrist) destroy the city and sanctuary (Titus in 70 AD)
- Its end will come with a flood, and to the end there will be war; with various desolations determined.
PART IV – The Final 70th Week (7 Year ‘Tribulation’ Period)
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
- The prophetic time clock starts ticking again with a peace agreement between Israel, Palestine and many other nations.
- Note* A peace process has already begun to form with these nations, but ‘He’ (the Antichrist) will confirm (strengthen) the peace agreement with 7 year terms.
- Halfway through the week (3 ½ years into the agreement), the Antichrist will break the agreement, causing all sacrifices to cease; he will stand on the temple mount’s holiest place and proclaim himself to be God. This is called the ‘abomination of desolation.’
- The second half of the ‘week’ then begins with a great tribulation period, for 3 ½, unto the Day the Lord returns to bring justice and set up His kingdom.
The Bible says no man knows the day nor the hour of the Lord’s return (Matt 24:36), but Jesus himself said we should be able to interpret the signs of the times we live in as we would interpret the seasons, like rain coming. Luke 12:54-56.
- As we look around we see that all the signs of the end times are not only converging now, but they are increasing in frequency and severity. Rumors of nuclear war, aggressive efforts for peace in the middle east, apocalyptic weather, a great falling away. It would be easy to say these signs are building up to the next shavua.
Here are a couple of eye-opening signs at hand; that could be giving us insight into the next shavu’a, the last ‘week’ (7 year period).
- As the video states, Sept/Oct 2008 began the last sabbatical year (7 yr period), which runs to Sept/Oct 2015; which begins the next shavu’a (period of 7).
- One Jewish site states the Sabbatical year currently running ends on Sept 13, 2015. Shemitah 101 (the Sabbatical year)
- The rare 4 blood moons’ close-out event is on Sept. 28, 2015
No one is saying there will be a 7-year peace agreement in the fall of 2015; just that it smells like rain. I will certainly be watching. Until the year He does arrive… keep looking up!
“And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.” Luke 21:28
The Importance Of The Last Week
This Footnote regarding the purpose of the the last (70th) week comes from Armageddon News/Facebook.
Most people don’t understand what tribulation is all about. It’s to get the Jewish people to repent and accept Jesus as Messiah. When they do, Jesus will return. Romans 11 shows us that the Jewish people have been blinded until the fullness of the gentiles comes in, then the Jewish people will repent, & will believe he is Messiah & then he returns. Zech 12 shows what happens when they repent and he returns. Replacement theology is demonic. It’s always been about his chosen people, and still is. We are blessed to be grafted in, but we are not his first, his chosen people.
Mat 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
Mat 23:36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
Mat 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
Mat 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
Mat 23:39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
“who is he that cometh? JESUS! he won’t return until they say blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord”
Rom 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
Rom 11:12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Pray for the people of Israel, for their salvation..