According to the prophet Joel, just prior to the return of Jesus, many nations will invade Israel, and surround the city of Jerusalem. Joel tells us that Jesus will execute judgment against all parties involved in this invasion, as well as any who force the dividing of His land:
- I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the valley of Jehoshaphat. Then I will enter into judgment with them there on behalf of My people and My inheritance, Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations; and they have divided up My land. Joel 3:2
It is clear from this prophecy that a Palestinian State will become reality; as the prophet goes on to speak of the Lord executing vengeance against those from Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and the Palestinian territories, who have engaged in violence against the people of Israel:
- What are you to Me, O Tyre, Sidon and all the regions of Philistia? Are you rendering Me a recompense? But if you do recompense Me, swiftly and speedily I will return your recompense on your head. Joel 3:4
- Egypt shall be a desolation, and Edom a desolate wilderness, Because of violence against the people of Judah, for they have shed innocent blood in their land. But Judah will be inhabited forever And Jerusalem for all generations. And I will avenge their blood which I have not avenged; For the LORD dwells in Zion. Joel 3:19-21
According to Zechariah 14:2, what looks like Radical Islam, will gain control of half of Jerusalem
- For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
- And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
- Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter there into.
- For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
- But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
- And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
In the end, according to Isaiah 34:12, a Palestinian proclamation of statehood will only bring about God’s judgment:
- They shall call its nobles to proclaim the kingdom, but nothing shall be there, and all its princes shall be no more.
According to Bible prophecy, the future Palestinian State will be destroyed and abandoned, for the Jewish people to inhabit.
For some, there will be the temptation to write off the Palestinians and all enemies of Israel. But recognize the Lord is calling everyone, including Palestinians, to repentance; and we must show appreciation for the mercy He has shown us.
Jesus died for us, while we were yet His enemies (Rom. 5:8-10). Jesus also warned against the kind of ungrateful spirit that rejoices in its own forgiveness, but refuses forgiveness and mercy to others (Matthew 18:23-35).
The Church must diligently pray for Palestinians to find repentance, and to become children of the God of Israel.